- Provide guidance to New England DOTs regarding best practices when incorporating UAS into daily operations.
- The research will focus on the following: (1) exploring UAS applications in order to support state DOT missions and identify those most suitable for specific (or categorical) DOT operational missions; (2) identification of up-to-date technologies and support systems that are necessary in order to accomplish the selected use-cases; (3) addressing challenges associated with the implementation and integration of UAS technologies and FAA rules and regulations; (4) developing processes to carry out selected UAS applications.
Technical Committee Members
- Jeffrey DeCarlo (TC Chair), Massachusetts Department of Transportation
- Pamela Cotter, Rhode Island Department of Transportation
- Carol L. Niewola, New Hampshire Department of Transportation
- Matt Philbrick, Maine Department of Transportation
- Amy E. Stula, Connecticut Department of Transportation
- David Tillberg, Vermont Agency of Transportation
AC Liaison: Emily Parkany, Vermont Agency of Transportation
Project Coordinator, Maina Tran, CTC & Associates