The New England Transportation Consortium (NETC), a cooperative effort of the transportation agencies and the State Universities of the six New England States, provides a regional approach to developing solutions, through research, to high priority transportation issues common to the New England States.
NETC regularly solicits Research Problem Statements from practitioners and researchers to identify critical transportation problems that could benefit from research. Research Problem Statements are not research proposals and there is no right of ownership associated with the Research Problem Statement.
Below are the problem statements that were not selected for funding for FFY19 and FFY20.
FFY2020 Unfunded Research
- Asphalt Mixture Laboratory Aging Protocol for New England
- Data and Information to Support Cost Effective Transportation GHG Mitigation in Rural Communities
- Large-Scale Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) for Enhanced Infrastructure
- Leveraging Emerging Sensing Data for Horizontal Curve Safety Improvement
- Network-Level Guardrail Inventory and Condition Evaluation Using Mobile LiDAR
FFY2019 Unfunded Research
- Adaption of the Semi-Circular Bend Test for New England Conditions
- Case Studies of Successful Tree Planting for Separate Bike Lanes
- Characterizing Asphalt Binders with Warm Mix Asphalt Technologies for use in New England
- Development of a LiDAR-Based Pavement Marking Inventory and Condition Assessment Method for Enabling Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
- Development of a Performance Specification for Bridge Deck Membranes
- Durability Testing of Closure Pour Materials
- Ground Penetrating Radar for Roadway Structural Evaluation During Spring Thaw and Flood Events
- Performance Engineered Mixes for Structural Concrete
- Signing Alternatives for Improving Traffic Operations and Safety in Lane-Reduction Transition Areas
- Transportation Data Analytics: Where Are We and Future Directions
- Validate and Compare the Performance of Traveler Information from Different Sources for Recurring and Nonrecurring Traffic Conditions