- Review of current QA process used by New England DOTs for precast and prestressed concrete elements (PCE/PSE).
- Review of QA specifications for PCE/PSE.
- On the basis of the review and through working with the technical review committee of the project, develop common acceptance standards for PCE/PSE to be used by NETC constituents.
- Develop a cost-sharing mechanism to accompany the common acceptance standards.
- Identify agencies and contractors to conduct pilot implementation of the common acceptance standards.
- Develop a list of additional materials and services for which common acceptance standards might be beneficial and feasible.
Technical Committee Members
- Jan Bak (Chairperson), Rhode Island Department of Transportation
- Denis M. Boisvert, New Hampshire Department of Transportation
- Kevin R. Cummings, Maine Department of Transportation
- John Grieco, Massachusetts Department of Transportation
- Robert Lauzon, Connecticut Department of Transportation
- Richard Mulcahy, Massachusetts Department of Transportation
- Tim Wilsmer, Massachusetts Department of Transportation
ConnDOT feels this project will serve as an excellent foundation for future regional efforts.