- Review of current QA process used by New England DOTs for precast and prestressed concrete elements (PCE/PSE).
- Review of QA specifications for PCE/PSE.
- On the basis of the review and through working with the technical review committee of the project, develop common acceptance standards for PCE/PSE to be used by NETC constituents.
- Develop a cost-sharing mechanism to accompany the common acceptance standards.
- Identify agencies and contractors to conduct pilot implementation of the common acceptance standards.
- Develop a list of additional materials and services for which common acceptance standards might be beneficial and feasible.
Progress/Accomplishments Through March 31, 2015
- The final contract execution for this research study occurred just before the end of the quarter, thus it was not possible to make significant progress on this research study. However, during this past quarter the researchers collected the information on the QA process of PCE/PSE form all constituent states. The information is currently being processed to develop the state of the practice review.
Technical Committee Members
- Jan Bak (Chairperson), Rhode Island Department of Transportation
- Denis M. Boisvert, New Hampshire Department of Transportation
- Kevin R. Cummings, Maine Department of Transportation
- John Grieco, Massachusetts Department of Transportation
- Robert Lauzon, Connecticut Department of Transportation
- Richard Mulcahy, Massachusetts Department of Transportation
- Tim Wilsmer, Massachusetts Department of Transportation