To develop and validate concrete mixtures capable of developing high early strength without detrimentally affecting their long-term durability. The mixtures are for use in projects using accelerated bridge construction methods.
Technical Committee Members
- Maura Sullivan (Chairperson), Massachusetts Department of Transportation
- Dan John, New Hampshire Department of Transportation
- Rob Young, Vermont Agency of Transportation
- Christopher Hart, Rhode Island Department of Transportation
- Ali Jamalipour, Connecticut Department of Transportation
- José Lima, Rhode Island Department of Transportation
- Michael Redmond, Maine Department of Transportation
MaineDOT feels the results would allow them to specify this type of concrete without using an expensive proprietary mix. However, the use of fly ash in the mix is sometimes hard to acquire. Two states feel that additional research is required before implementation of results can be considered.