NETC ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING
DATE: March 28, 2017
TIME: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Conference Call 1-866-906-7447
Participant Access Code 8626283
Call to Order
|Project # and Title
|13-1: Development of High Early-Strength Concrete for Accelerated Bridge Construction Closure Pour Connections
|PI completed 90% of the project, but two tests remain. PI in communication with TAC chair and scheduling a TAC meeting.
|13-2: HMA Mixtures Containing Recycled Asphalt Singles (RAS): Low Temperature Fatigue Performance of Plant-Produced Mixtures
|Since contractors have not yet provided PCAS mixtures, PI obtained PCAS to work on two mixture design. PI continues test PCAS mixtures and MSW mixtures.
|13-3: Improved Regionalization of Quality Assurance (QA) Functions
|DOTs working with VTrans to use existing SharePoint site to share QA data. PI and TAC will work to identify pilot projects to use tool.
|14-2: Investigation of Northern Long-Eared Bat Roosting Sites on Bridges
|PI held two training events to present results and get feedback on research and feasibility of draft bridge survey form. PI provided draft report to TAC for review and edits.
|15-1: Use of Forested Habitat Adjacent to Highways by Northern Long Ear Bats
|Contract in process between UVM and UNH.
Coordinator contract extension received and contract processes moving forward.
|15-2: Using the New SHRP2 Naturalistic Driving Study Safety Databases to Examine Safety Concerns for Older Drivers
|Contract fully executed between UMass Amherst and UVM. PI working with VTTI on data request.
|15-3: Moisture Susceptibility Testing for Hot Mix Asphalt Pavements in New England
|Contract between UVM and UNH fully executed. PI has begun literature review. PI held kick-off meeting to discuss research plan and scheduling. PI sending survey to identify mixtures and projects for 2017 construction season.
|*Final Tech Transfer Items: Currently these include the final report to the TAC; a “Fact Sheet” summary – NETC template; a presentation to the TAC and other interested DOT participants that is recorded by NETC and made available.
NETC Advisory Committee Discussion of Research Topics
- New England roundabouts
- Have received NH, CT, ME and RI TAC member
- Please send names and contact information for TAC members
- Implement recommendations on Effective Establishment of Native Plants on Roadsides
- Have received support from ME and CT TAC members
- Please send any additional names and contact information for TAC members
NETC New England Networks Inventory
- Please return to Coordination Team by 4/14/2017
- Region 1 UTC has not been awarded
- The new solicitation has not yet been issued, but the Coordinator will inform the advisory committee when it is issued
- NETC Program Review Follow-up April 12, 2017 10 AM -12PM
- NETC Program Review In-person meeting to be scheduled for June (except week of June 12th )
- NETC Advisory Meeting Next Monthly Meeting – April 25, 2017, 11 AM – 12 PM