The objectives of this project are to:
- Conduct a scan of similar efforts by national organizations such as AAMVA, AASHTO, TRB and industry groups to avoid duplication and to ensure other multi-state legal and regulatory issues are considered.
- Delve deeper into the details of related areas (see list below) to identify specific laws and regulations that may currently impede testing and deployment or would support successful testing and deployment if they were consistent across the region.
- Identify specific recommendations (such as definitions, statutory language recommendations, registration protocols, or liability standards) for consideration by the states for the highest priority legal and regulatory areas.
Technical Committee Members
- TC Chair, Daniel Sullivan: Massachusetts Department of Transportation
- Pete Calcaterra, Connecticut Department of Transportation
- Kara Aguilar, Maine Department of Transportation
- Kody McCarthy, New Hampshire Department of Transportation
- Susan Klasen, New Hampshire Department of Transportation
- Christos Xenophontos, Rhode Island Department of Transportation
- Joe Segale, Vermont Agency of Transportation
AC Co-Liaison: Nicholas Zavolas, Massachusetts Department of Transportation
AC Co-Liaison: Emily Parkany, Vermont Agency of Transportation
Project Coordinator, Kirsten Seeber, CTC & Associates