NETC Advisory Committee Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday, August 23, 2016, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Conference Call: Dial-in 1-866-906-7447, Participant Code: 8626283
Agenda and Documents
Below are links to documents that will be discussed during the meeting. (starred* documents require Advisory Committee approval)
1. Call to Order/Roll Call
2. Open Projects
- 06-4 Preventive Maintenance and Timing of Applications, PI Mogawer: Ending 9/15/16 – No update
- 07-1 In-Place Response Mechanisms of Recycled Layers Due to Temperature and Moisture Variations, PI Daniel: Ended 6/30/2016 – Draft final report received and circulated to the technical committee. Comments have been received and will be forwarded to the PI.
- 09-2 Effective Establishment of Native Grasses on Roadsides, PI Kuzovkina: The Final Report was reviewed by the Technical Advisory Committee. It has been accepted with comments and the PI has requested that she be able to share it with her networks freely.
- 09-3 Advanced Composite Materials in New England’s Transportation Infrastructure, PI Lopez-Anido: Project has ended and is complete, draft final report was shared with the technical committee. Deadline for comments is August 24.
- 10-3 Low Temperature and Moisture Susceptibility of RAP Mixtures with Warm Mix Technology, PI Mogawer: NCE request recently approved by Advisory Committee. Will begin contract execution process.
- 13-1 Development of High Early-Strength Concrete for Accelerated Bridge Construction Closure Pour Connections, PI Brena: NCE request to 1/14/17 has been approved by Technical Committee. Will be forwarded to Advisory Committee.
- 13-2 HMA Mixtures Containing Recycled Asphalt Singles (RAS): Low Temperature Fatigue Performance of Plant-Produced Mixtures, PI Mogawer: NCE approved to 12/1/2017, contract extension in process.
- 13-3 Improved Regionalization of Quality Assurance (QA) Functions, PI Dave: NCE approved to 9/30/2016, contract extension in process. UNH has also requested a line item budget change from Graduate Students to Undergraduate students and the respective benefits adjustments. This does not represent a change in scope for the project.
- 14-1 Measuring the Effectiveness of Competency Models for Job Specific Professional Development of Engineers & Engineering Technicians, PI Ahmadjian: NCE approved to 12/31/2016, contract extension in process.
- 14-2 Investigation of Northern Long-Eared Bat Roosting Sites on Bridges, PI Civjan: Summer bridge roosting monitoring is underway, as is the Inspection Reporting. No further updates.
- 14-4 Optimizing Future Work Zones in New England for Safety and Mobility, PI Xie: Task I report accepted by Technical Committee, Task II underway.
- 15-1 Use of Forested Habitat Adjacent to Highways by Northern Long Ear Bats: Proposal evaluation is complete a ballot for advisory committee review is being prepared.
- 15-2 Using the New SHRP2 Naturalistic Driving Study Safety Databases to Examine Safety Concerns for Older Drivers: Proposals have been reviewed and questions have been sent to the project teams.
- 15-3 Moisture Susceptibility Testing for Hot Mix Asphalt Pavements in New England: Initial contract documents drafted, pending NETC Master Agreement modification.
- 15-4 Optimizing Quality Assurance (QA) Processes for Asphalt Pavement Construction: Scope of work development delayed until NETC Program is revised and relaunched.
3. Other Business
- NETC Advisory Meeting – Retreat Follow Up, September, 2016
Next Meeting – September 27, 2016, 11 AM – 12 PM